Baked salmon with bok choy and snow pea-radish slaw
This quick and easy salmon with bok choy dish roasts in the oven in one pan. We used a combination of early spring vegetables for a burst of color and a bright-tasting side salad.
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- 2 baby bok choy heads
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 to 3 red radishes
- 4 ounces snow peas
- Two 6-ounce wild Alaskan salmon fillets
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons snow pea dressing (coconut vinegar- coconut aminos- maple syrup)
Toast the almonds
On a sheet pan, spread the almonds into an even layer and toast in the oven until lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the bok choy in half lengthwise. Rinse and pat dry.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Peel the ginger and finely chop.
- Scrub the radishes, trim the tops. Cut in half and then into thin half-moon slices.
- Cut the snow peas lengthwise into thin strips.
Cook the bok choy and salmon
- In a bowl, drizzle the bok choy with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper.
Make the sauce
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Make the slaw
Nutrition per serving: Calories 610, Protein: 45g, Total Fat: 39g, Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber: 8g, Added Sugar: 6g, Sodium: 210mg