Black bean and quinoa chili with lime, yogurt, and pumpkin seeds
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free
30 - 40 Minutes
Black beans and quinoa give a one-two protein punch to this warming vegetarian chili. The creamy yogurt makes a healthy stand-in for sour cream. Our custom spice blend adds nuance and depth while sparing you from wrangling your measuring spoons, or that last-minute dash to the grocery store.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- Fresh cilantro
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 lime
- Chili spice blend (coriander - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Scrub the carrot and peel, if desired. Cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the celery crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Cook the chili
Stir in the quinoa, black beans, and tomatoes. Pour in 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the quinoa is tender and the chili is thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Season the chili to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 570, Protein: 24 g, Total Fat: 21 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 73 g, Fiber: 15 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 580 mg