Chicken rigatoni with pesto and red bell pepper
25 – 35 Minutes
This pasta has a much more complex flavor than its short ingredient list might suggest. Our house-made pesto brings it together in a flash.
- 5 ounces gluten-free rigatoni (contains corn and rice flours)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes
- Sun Basket basil pesto (fresh basil - walnuts - olive oil - salt)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
To get dinner on the table even more quickly, in Step 2, start cooking the onion while you continue prepping the remaining ingredients.
Cook the rigatoni
While the water heats and the rigatoni cooks, prepare the vegetables and chicken.
Prep the vegetables and chicken
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips and season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the onion and chicken
Finish the pasta
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 47g (94% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 700mg (29% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, milk, soy.