Chicken with roasted asparagus and olive tapenade
The olive tapenade brings more than just a delicious dose of richness to this simple chicken dish. It turns out that these little fruits are loaded with healthy monosaturated fat, which benefits the heart, brain, and waistline. They’re also a good source of fiber, vitamin E, and disease fighting antioxidants.
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh thyme
- 6 ounces asparagus
- Two 6-ounce boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Olive tapenade (Kalamata olives - green olives - capers - garlic - oil - pepper)
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the shallots and cut into ¼-inch-thick rings.
- Cut the lemon in half; juice one half and cut the other half into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Finely chop the parsley and thyme leaves.
Cook the asparagus
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt, pepper, and the sweet smoked paprika.
Season the tapenade
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 520 Protein: 38g Total Fat: 36g Monounsaturated Fat: 22g Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 110mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 4g Added Sugar: 0g Sodium: 650mg