Lemongrass tofu with coconut black rice
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
30 – 40 Minutes
We love the contrast of flavors and colors in this easy Southeast Asian-inspired stir-fry. Fragrant black rice, also known as purple rice, makes a stunning backdrop for our lemongrass tofu, made a bright golden yellow from the turmeric in our custom spice paste. But we don’t just judge this book by its cover: recent studies have shown that the grain is not only high in iron, but also has as many antioxidants as blueberries.
- ¾ cup Lotus Foods Forbidden black rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 1 yellow onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - turmeric - olive oil - salt)
- Stir-fry sauce (mirin - rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari)
- 1½ ounces sunflower sprouts
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the mushrooms and tofu.
Prep the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, prepare the tofu.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Rinse the tofu and drain on a paper-towel-lined plate; cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the onion.
Prep the onion; start the lemongrass sauce
- Peel and thinly slice the yellow onion.
While the onion cooks, chop the cilantro.
Prep the cilantro; finish the sauce
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 750, Protein: 27 g, Total Fat: 37 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 85 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar (Mirin): 2 g, Sodium: 1030 mg