Middle Eastern turkey kebabs with carrot-snap pea salad
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Low Calorie
20 – 30 Minutes
To keep these kebabs paleo and gluten free, we make them with lean ground dark-meat turkey and a fragrant Middle Eastern blend of baharat, sumac, and cumin.
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kebab spice blend (baharat - sumac - cumin - coriander)
- Wooden skewers
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas (optional)
- 1 lemon
- Sun Basket tahini dressing (tahini - fresh garlic - lemon juice - salt)
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- ¼ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
Make the turkey kebabs
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the salad.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the salad.
Cook the kebabs
While the kebabs cook, make the salad.
Prepare the salad and garnish
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the tops; using a peeler, cut the carrots into thin ribbons.
- If using, thinly slice the sugar snap peas lengthwise.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
To the bowl with the tahini dressing, add the carrots and, if using, the snap peas. Add the sumac and the remaining cilantro and parsley; toss well to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 510, Protein: 32g, Total Fat: 37g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 105mg, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 610mg