Mini polenta pizzas with Mediterranean salad
Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Soy Free
20 – 30 Minutes
These gluten-free bite-size pizzas are fun to make and fun to eat. Instead of a wheat crust, the toppings are baked on slender rounds of cooked polenta. In place of mozzarella cheese, we’ve swapped in a protein-packed blend of white beans and fresh ricotta.
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 lemon
- Fresh thyme
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ cup fresh ricotta
- One 18-ounce tube cooked polenta
- Sun Basket pizza sauce (diced tomatoes - olive oil - tomato paste - salt)
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 head romaine
- 1 ounce garlic croutons (optional – contain wheat)
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- Sun Basket red pepper vinaigrette (roasted red peppers - roasted almonds - olive oil - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - coconut sugar - salt - black pepper)
- Fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
Make the white bean-ricotta spread
- Rinse the white beans.
- Zest half the lemon.
- Juice half the lemon.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Assemble and bake the polenta pizzas
- Remove the polenta from the packaging; cut the polenta into ½-inch-thick rounds.
While the pizzas bake, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine.
- Coarsely tear the romaine leaves.
- Coarsely chop the croutons.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
Finish the pizzas
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; tear the leaves into small pieces.
- Rinse the white beans and chickpeas.
- Juice the lemon and strip the thyme.
- Mash the white bean and ricotta spread.
- Tear the romaine and toss the salad.
- Finish the pizzas and serve the meal.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 490, Protein: 16 g, Total Fat: 25 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 16.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 30 mg, Carbohydrates: 49 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar (vinaigrette contains trace amounts of coconut sugar): 0 g, Sodium: 1010 mg
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat