Musakhan chicken wraps with pickled carrots and tzatziki
25 – 35 Minutes
These easy Middle Eastern main-course wraps hold chicken marinated in fragrant spices, currants, and pine nuts, topped with a cooling cucumber-yogurt sauce.
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1½ tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Musakhan spice blend (sumac - sweet smoked paprika - allspice)
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 cucumber
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 lavash flatbreads
- 2 ounces mixed greens
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Marinate the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the chicken marinates, make the pickled carrots and the tzatziki.
Pickle the carrots
Make the tzatziki
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then into long strips and coarsely chop.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the onion and chicken
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
While the chicken cooks, heat the lavash.
Warm the lavash and assemble the wraps
Spoon the chicken mixture along one end of the lavash. Top with the mixed greens and pickled carrots, sprinkle with the sumac, and roll up each lavash into a wrap. Cut the wraps in half crosswise.
Chef's tip: If you feel like turning on the oven, place the lavash side by side on a sheet pan, brush with oil, and bake at 350°F until warm but still pliable, 4 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars (Honey): 9g (18% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat.