Pad prik king tofu with green beans & red rice
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving, 25 Minutes
Classic phrik king is a type of Thai curry that’s fried in oil and includes lemongrass, garlic, and galangal. Chef Justine’s not-quite authentic interpretation blends New Mexican chilies with lemongrass, cilantro and shallots to make a delicious, not too spicy sauce that’s perfect for this tofu and green bean stir fry.
- ¾ cup Bhutan red rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 cups green beans
- 12 ounces Hodo Soy firm tofu
- ½ cup phrik king sauce (New Mexican chiles - shallots - garlic - lemongrass - fresh cilantro - kosher salt - brown sugar - neutral oil - chile soaking liquid)
- Fresh basil
- 1 lime
Cook the rice
While rice cooks, prepare the onions and garlic.
Prep and cook the onion and garlic
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Tear the kaffir lime leaves into several pieces.
Meanwhile, prepare the beans and the tofu.
Prep and cook the green beans and the tofu
- Trim the green beans and cut them in half.
- Cut the tofu into twelve 1-inch cubes.
While the tofu cooks,
- Chop the basil leaves.
- Zest the lime and then cut the fruit in half. Juice half the lime and cut the remaining half into wedges.