Rigatoni with cauliflower and lemon
Vegetarian, Soy Free
In this robust pasta dish, a few simple but inspired steps transform everyday ingredients into something exceptional. Take the lemon: Chef Justine slices it into wheels, then browns them, which concentrates their sweetness and acidity. Searing cauliflower similarly brings its natural sugars into focus.
- 5 ounces rigatoni
- 1 ounce pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon
- ¾ pound cauliflower
- Peeled fresh garlic
- ¾ ounce capers
- Fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo pepper (optional)
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 2 ounces Italian cheese blend (mozzarella - provolone)
Cook the rigatoni
Toast the pine nuts and breadcrumbs
Cook the lemon and cauliflower
- Cut half the lemon into thin wheels; cut half into wedges.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
While the lemon wheels cool, add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and warm until hot but not smoking. Add the cauliflower, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Rinse the capers.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Finish the pasta
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 650, Protein: 24 g, Total Fat: 29 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg, Carbohydrates: 73 g, Fiber: 8 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 900 mg
Contains: wheat, milk, tree nuts