Roast chicken with grilled romaine hearts and artichoke tapenade
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving, 30 Minutes
If you've never had grilled romaine before, you're in for a treat. The lettuce caramelizes in the pan — highlighting its natural sweetness — as the center turns warm and creamy, and the crevices between the leaves serve as pockets to collect the basil vinaigrette.
- 2 “airline” chicken breasts
- Chicken spice blend (harissa - garlic powder - paprika)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 roasted peppers
- ¼ cup Marcona almonds
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup artichoke hearts
- Fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- Fresh basil
- 2 romaine hearts
Cook the chicken
- Season the chicken with the chicken spice blend, salt and pepper.
Make the tapenade
- Finely chop the garlic, peppers, almonds, olives, and artichokes. Alternately, combine the ingredients in a food processor and pulse 2 or 3 times to make a coarse paste. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Chop the parsley.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Make the basil vinaigrette
- Finely chop the basil.
Cook the romaine hearts
- Slice the romaine hearts in half lengthwise.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 670, Protein: 37 g, Total Fat: 52 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 35 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 85 mg, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Fiber: 7 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 980 mg