Family Menu: Chicken breasts with salsa verde and sweet potato fries
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Paleo and gluten-free, this colorful and comforting chicken dinner is one that the whole family will love.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Four 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- ½ cup Castelvetrano olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 scallions
- 1 lemon
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fresh thyme
- 1 anchovy fillet (optional)
- 5 or 6 red radishes
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 3 ounces baby arugula
Salsa verde means “green sauce” in both Spanish and Italian; the condiment is popular in both countries. While there are countless versions, they almost always include chopped fresh herbs and aromatics such as scallions, which turn the olive oil a beautiful green
Roast the sweet potato fries
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
While the potatoes roast, cook the chicken.
Prep and roast the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the potatoes and chicken roast, prepare the salsa verde and the salad.
Make the salsa verde
- Finely chop the olives and capers.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Zest the lemon.
- Juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate; set aside 1 teaspoon juice for the salad.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
- If using, finely chop the anchovy.
Make the arugula salad
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes for roasting.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley and thyme leaves.
- Stir together the salsa verde.
- Toss the salad.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 600mg (25% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: Fish, tree nuts.