Salmon with snap peas, carrots, and red pepper–almond salsa
Gluten Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
A bright salsa and a mint and cilantro chutney both amp up the flavor in this easy, gluten-free salmon dinner.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- Sun Basket mint-cilantro chutney base (mint - cilantro - olive oil - ginger - garlic - garam masala - salt)
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 2 wild skin-on Yukon River salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
Make It Leaner
Skip the oil in the salsa to slash 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. Use only half the chutney and you save an additional 75 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving. Pro-Tip: The next day, you can add a splash more lime juice or some cider vinegar to the remaining chutney to transform it into a dressing for a salad.
Make the red pepper–almond salsa and mint-cilantro chutney
- Trim the ends from the cucumber; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then into ¼-inch-thick strips. Cut the strips crosswise into ¼-inch cubes. Set aside for the salsa.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Juice the lime (the juice will be divided between the salsa and the chutney).
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
In a small bowl, stir the remaining lime juice into the mint-cilantro chutney base.
Cook the carrots and snap peas
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Cook the salmon
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 38g (58% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 26g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 900mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: fish, tree nuts