Spicy shrimp diablo tacos with pickled cabbage and lime
Gluten Free, Soy Free, Spicy
25 – 35 Minutes
These Baja-inspired gluten-free shrimp tacos require only one pan and take about half an hour to throw together.
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 poblano
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 1 lime
- Sun Basket diablo sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - New Mexican chiles - fresh garlic - coriander - dried Mexican oregano - olive oil - salt)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
You can turn your remaining tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Make the quick-pickled cabbage
- Coarsely chop half the cilantro; set aside the remaining sprigs for garnish.
Cook the poblano
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the poblano; thinly slice the poblano lengthwise. Wash your hands after handling.
Cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Juice half the lime; cut the other half into wedges for garnish.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 40g (80% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 225mg (75% DV), Sodium: 890mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars (Honey): 9g (18% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: milk, shellfish.