Smoked Trout Spread
8 – 10 Minutes
“This is my go-to appetizer,” says Chef Justine. “I set it out with some pita chips at cocktail parties and serve it on bagels at my holiday brunch. Just be sure that all the dairy products are at room temperature so that they blend easily. And be generous with the black pepper—it makes the dish.”
- ½ pound smoked trout fillets
- 1 small bunch chives
- 1 small bunch dill
- 1 lemon
- ¼ pound cream cheese
- ¼ pound mascarpone
- ¼ pound crème fraîche or sour cream
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Prep the herbs and the trout
- Pull the skin off the trout. Working over a medium bowl, using your hands, separate the trout into large flakes.
- Finely chop enough chives to measure 1/4 cup.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Finely chop enough dill to measure 1/4 cup.
Prep the cream cheese base; finish the dip