Sweet potato and two-bean chili with lime yogurt
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Juicy red tomatoes add tartness, while our custom chili spice blend brings just the right amount of heat to this hearty and healthy vegetarian chili. For those who like it extra spicy, the optional cayenne lends punch.
- 1 white onion
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1½ cups cooked kidney beans
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - cumin)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Start the chili
- Peel and coarsely chop enough white onion to measure 1½ cups.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into ½-inch cubes.
While the onion and potatoes cook, prepare the garlic and beans.
Prep the garlic and beans; finish the chili
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Rinse the black beans and kidney beans.
While the chili simmers, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut half the lime into wedges.
- Juice half the lime.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Did you know? Not all herb stems are created equal. When we cook with fresh parsley, thyme, and rosemary, we first strip the leaves from the stems. But cilantro stems are as delicious and tender as the leaves, so we chop the stems and leaves together.
- Rinse the beans.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Juice the lime and prepare the lime yogurt.
- Set out the garnishes.
- Help wash the dishes.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 520, Protein: 21g, Total Fat: 17g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Carbohydrates: 73g, Fiber: 23g, Sugar: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 430mg