White bean-ricotta pizzettas with tomato and basil
Vegetarian, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Topped with seasonal vegetables, like sweet Italian frying peppers and cherry tomatoes, these easy vegetarian pizzas come together in about 30 minutes.
- ⅔ cup cooked white beans
- Fresh basil
- ¼ pound fresh ricotta
- 2 small leeks
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 3 ounces sweet frying peppers
- 3 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 whole wheat lavash flatbreads
- 1 lemon
- ¼ pound mixed greens
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Prep the white bean-ricotta mixture
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the leeks; cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the leeks in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leeks from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet frying peppers; thinly slice the peppers crosswise.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
Assemble the pizzettas
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a small bowl. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 teaspoon oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
Bake the pizzettas
While the pizzettas bake, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Juice the lemon.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 35g (54% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 20mg (7% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 116g (39% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: milk, wheat