Beet, goat cheese, and quinoa salad with curry vinaigrette
Vegetarian, Soy Free
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving, 35 Minutes
Beet and goat cheese salads started trending in the 1980s and have been going strong ever since. The sweet roots and earthy cheese work their magic in this protein-rich quinoa salad. Curry, the surprising ingredient in our vinaigrette, adds a fresh dimension of flavors. Cover your work surface with parchment paper before cutting the beets to avoid staining your cutting board.
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1½ ounces raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 orange
- 1 to 2 celery stalks
- Fresh mint
- 1 package Love Beets
- Curry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - curry powder- maple syrup)
- 1 piece naan
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 1 ½ ounces goat cheese
Cook the quinoa
- In a strainer, rinse the quinoa under cool water.
While the quinoa cooks, toast the cashews.
Toast the cashews
While the cashews are cooking, prepare the orange and vegetables.
Prep the orange and vegetables
- Zest the orange and remove the peel. Cut in half and then cut into ¼-inch-thick half-moon slices.
- Cut the celery into ¼-inch-thick diagonal slices.
- Coarsely chop the mint leaves.
- Cut the beets in half and then into ½-inch-thick wedges.
Make the vinaigrette
Toast the naan; assemble the quinoa salad
In a large bowl, toss the quinoa with half the vinaigrette.
Add the arugula, beets, orange slices, mint, celery, and remaining vinaigrette. Toss well, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 710, Protein: 23g, Total Fat: 38g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Carbohydrates: 75g, Fiber: 11g, Added Sugar: 19g, Sodium: 630mg