Beet, orange, and quinoa salad with goat cheese and curry vinaigrette
Vegetarian, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Beet and goat cheese salads started trending in the 1980s, and we’re grateful they’ve never really gone out of style. The sweet root vegetables and the earthy cheese work their magic in this protein-rich quinoa salad, brightened with fresh oranges. Curry powder, the surprising ingredient in our vinaigrette, adds another flavor dimension.
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 orange
- ½ pound peeled roasted Love Beets
- 1 or 2 celery ribs
- Fresh mint
- Curry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - maple syrup - curry powder)
- 1 naan
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
Cook the quinoa
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the cashews.
Toast the cashews
While the cashews toast, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Zest the orange. Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the orange in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off excess liquid; cut the beets in half, then into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Trim the ends from the celery; cut the celery on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Make the curry vinaigrette
Toast the naan; assemble the quinoa salad
In a large bowl, toss the quinoa with half the vinaigrette. Stir in the orange slices, beets, celery, mint, arugula, and remaining vinaigrette. Toss well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chef’s Tip To prevent the beets from staining your cutting board, cover it with waxed or parchment paper before cutting them.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 700, Protein: 19g, Total Fat: 29g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Carbohydrates: 89g, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 30g, Added Sugars (Honey; Maple syrup): 13g, Sodium: 530mg
Contains: tree nuts, milk, wheat.