Chicken with roasted beets, chard and parsley pesto
- 2 skinless bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 pound baby beets
- 1 orange
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Parsley pesto (parsley-pecans-garlic-oil-salt-pepper)
Cook the chicken and the beets
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Scrub the beets, trim the root and stem ends and cut into thin slices.
- Slice the orange into 1/2 -inch thick slices.
- Chop the rosemary leaves.
Meanwhile, prepare the chard.
Cook the chard
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems. Coarsely chop the leaves and the stems, keeping them separate.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 680, Protein: 42 g, Total Fat: 43 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 29 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Carbohydrates: 32 g, Fiber: 10 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 950 mg