Fish tacos with avocado, Baja cucumber salad, and mint-yogurt sauce
Gluten Free, Soy Free
20 – 30 Minutes
A staple for Southern Californian surfers, especially around San Diego, fish tacos are often made with fried fish. Here, we cook flaky sole fillets in a little olive oil with our custom spice blend, bright with citrusy sumac, then load them into tortillas with cabbage, radishes, and avocado. A crunchy cucumber salad rounds out the meal.
- 3 ounces Savoy cabbage
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Fresh mint
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- Two 5-ounce sole fillets
- Sole taco seasoning (sumac - chile powder - granulated garlic)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
You can turn your extra tortillas into chips: Heat the oven to 350°F. Cut the tortillas into wedges. On a sheet pan, drizzle the wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons neutral oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Bake until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
Start prepping the garnishes; make the mint-yogurt sauce
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage. Set aside for garnish.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons. Set aside for garnish.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Zest the lime. Juice half; measure out 1 teaspoon for the mint-yogurt sauce and set aside the rest for the cucumber salad. Cut half the lime into wedges for garnish.
Make the cucumber salad
- Trim the ends from the cucumber; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ½-inch-thick slices.
Prep and cook the sole
- Pat the sole dry with a paper towel; cut into 2-inch pieces and season with the sole seasoning blend, salt, and pepper.
Warm the tortillas
Finish prepping the garnishes and salad
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; stir half into the cucumber salad and set aside half for garnish.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 51g (78% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 33g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 60mg (20% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 49g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: fish, milk