Grilled pork with roasted sweet potatoes and nectarine-watercress salad
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Juicy pork chops paired with peak-season nectarines and mint add up to a delightful and summery paleo dinner.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- ½ teaspoon harissa powder (optional)
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 nectarines
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- ¼ pound watercress
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1½ tablespoons vinaigrette base (honey - balsamic vinegar)
Size matters! When roasting the sweet potatoes, use a sheet pan large enough to spread the half-moons out in a single layer to help ensure they cook evenly (we recommend one about 18 by 13 inches). Use a stainless-steel pan if you have one; darker metal will brown the potatoes faster, so give them an extra stir or two while they roast.
Prep and roast the sweet potato and onion
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and cut the red onion into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
While the potato and onion roast, prepare the pork.
Cook the pork
- Pat the pork dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the pork cooks and rests, prepare the nectarine-watercress salad.
Make the nectarine-watercress salad
- Cut the nectarines in half and remove the pits; cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick wedges.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Trim the root ends and any coarse stems from the watercress.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 460mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 55g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars (Honey): 5g (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.