Lettuce-wrapped turkey burgers with tomato relish and sweet potato fries
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
25 – 35 Minutes
Lean and juicy dark-meat turkey delivers the flavor in these paleo and gluten-free burgers. Our chunky tomato relish makes a tasty alternative to ketchup.
- ½ pound sweet potatoes
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Burger spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - salt - black pepper)
- 3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen paleo mayonnaise
Roast the sweet potato fries
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
While the sweet potatoes roast, make the burgers.
Prep the turkey burgers
- Cut off a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for the tomato relish.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the tomato relish and romaine.
Make the tomato relish and prep the romaine
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallot to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
Chef’s tip: Instead of (or along with) serving the mayonnaise as a burger topping, you can turn some into a dipping sauce for the sweet potato fries: stir in a little of the burger spice blend and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 670, Protein: 29g, Total Fat: 51g, Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 33g, Cholesterol: 135mg, Carbohydrates: 27g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 870mg