Moroccan chicken wings with carrot and cashew slaw
Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving, 45 Minutes
The ratio of skin to meat is what makes chicken wings everyone’s favorite part of the bird. Here they’re tossed with coconut oil and seasoned with our bold blend of citrusy sumac, garlic, and ras el hanout, North Africa’s iconic spice blend. The spicy wings find a crisp, cool partner in a slaw made with carrots, cashews, and bok choy.
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1¼ pounds chicken wings
- Moroccan spice blend (sumac - ras el hanout - garlic powder - salt- black pepper)
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 to 2 heads bok choy
- 3 to 4 radishes
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons sesame dressing (sesame oil - coconut vinegar)
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Roast the chicken wings
Toast the cashews
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
Make the slaw; prep the garnishes
- Trim the root ends of the bok choy and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Cut the radishes into thin slices.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro, including the tender stems.
- Cut the lime into wedges.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 600, Protein: 34 g, Total Fat: 45 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.5 g, Saturated Fat: 16 g, Cholesterol: 120 mg, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Fiber: 5 g, Added Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 1190 mg