Mu shu pork
Recycle your take-out menus: our fast, easy spin on a Chinese-American classic comes with our house-made hoisin, a sweet-tart Asian BBQ sauce.
- 10 Mandarin pancakes (contain wheat and soy)
- 10 ounces boneless pork strips
- 5 ounces green cabbage
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- Fresh ginger
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 2 scallions
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- Mung bean sprouts
- Mu shu seasoning (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - sesame oil)
- Fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket hoisin (pumpkin puree - prunes - coconut aminos - almond butter - molasses - sesame oil - coconut vinegar - granulated garlic - salt)
Brown the pork
- Let the Mandarin pancakes come to room temperature.
- Cut a small corner from the pork packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the vegetables
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin strips.
- Grate or peel and finely chop the ginger.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
Cook the vegetables and finish the pork
Add the mushrooms, ginger, garlic, bean sprouts, Mu shu seasoning, pork, and any accumulated juices and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften and the pork is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the scallions, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep the cilantro
- Just before the vegetables and pork are done, coarsely chop the cilantro.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 1080mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars (Molasses): 5g (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts, soy, wheat.